You are welcome to Patna Medical College, Patna. The premier medical college of the state of Bihar. Patna Medical College & Hospital, Patna is committed to provide tertiary health care services to each and every citizen of Bihar and out of Bihar (including the neighbouring country Nepal). The services available are broad speciality and super speciality healthcare free of cost.
Patna Medical College & Hospital is located at Ashok Rajpath on the banks of the River Ganges, half a kilometre east of Gandhi Maidan. Main entrance is on Ashok Rajpath.
Total Number of Beds, doctors, nurses etc :
- The hospital has a total of 1675 beds which is being enhanced to 5462 beds making in the second largest hospital in the world and largest in country.
- Website : patnamedicalcollege.edu.in
- It is located on the southern part of ground floor of the IGCC building and the services of the control room is available round the clock.
- The contact nos are 0612-2300080, 0612-2300177.
- Control room is under the administrative control of Chief Casualty Officer. It is also managed by the Medical Officers, Health Managers and nursing staff.
- OPD appointment are done at the computerised registration centre.
CASUALTY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES:
- 1. Indira Gandhi Central Casualty (IGCC) is locatedat the western end of college campus, just in front of Rajendra Surgical Block (RSB) building.
- 2. Apart from IGCC, some departments have casualty and emergency services in concerned departments.
- 3. IGCC deals with emergencies and casualties of the following specialty and super specialty departments.
- a. Medicine
- b. Surgery
- c. Orthopaedics
- d. Burn and Plastic Surgery
- e. Spinal ward
- f. Nephrology
- g. Clinical Pathology and collection centre.
5. Help Line of for the IGCC 0612-2300080, 0612-2302266.
- These services are available 24 hours throughout the year.
- Anyone with urgent medical problem can seek consultation/treatment in the emergency.
- If doctors decide that you need urgent medical intervention, you will be registered at the registration counter free of charge and proper medical attention will be provided promptly.
- Emergency has dedicated team of doctor from the above mentioned specialties, nurses, paramedics and hospital attendants etc to provide urgent medical services.
- All urgent investigations like Hemogram, Blood Biochemistry, Urine toxicology, cardiac biomarkers, blood Gas Analysis are available.
- CT and MRI are available in IGCC under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode payable by patient at subsidised rate. But CT scan and MRI are free for medico legal cases and unclaimed (lawaris) patient.
- We have a college canteen belo the boys comon room
Paediatrics Emergency is located on the PMCH main road having facilities of NICU, PICU, Paediatric Surgery Department including rehabilitation centre.
Obstetric and Gynaecology Emergency:
Located in the Obstetric and Gynaecology building by the side of PMCH road having facilities of labour room, ICU for female patient.
Eye and ENT Emergency:
Eye and ENT emergency are dealt in their respective departmental buildings.
OUTPAITENT SERVICES:Out Patient Departments(OPD):
- General OPD timing : 08:30 am to 02.00pm (Monday to Saturday)
Located near gate no. 3 of PMCH on Ashok Rajpath,which deals with following departments:
- Plastic Surgery
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- T.B. & Chest
- Clinical Pathology with collection centre
- Nephrology OPD in IGCC, Department of Nephrology
- Timing : 08:30 am to 02.00 pm – A separate building located near PMCH gate no.2. It also caters to immunisation which is provided free of cost. OBG OPD
- Timing : 08:30 am to 02.00 pm – : Located in the main building of Obst. & Gynae Department. Preventive Clinic:
- Timing : 08:30 am to 02.00 pm – Located by the side of Radiology Department. It deals with immunisation. Evening OPD
- Timing : 02.30 PM to 04.30 PM Departments:
- Nephrology (Tuesday, Thursday)
- Neurology (Stroke Clinical) Wednesday
- Endocrinology (Thursday)
- Geriatrics (Monday to Friday)
Department of Pathology:
- Located across the Hathwa Ward it deals with:
c. Haematology (Bone marrow examination & splenic puncture)
Timing : 08:30 am to 02.00 pm
Located on the First floor of RSB Building with a collection centre (collection centre-1).
Investigations done are complete Haemogram, peripheral smear, fluid analysis, electrolytes, biochemical parameters.
Department of Microbiology:
Timing : 10:30AM am to 04:30PM pm
Located beside the Anatomy Building,
Intensive Care Units(ICU)
- Medical ICU (MICU) is located in central emergency (IGCC)
- Surgical ICU (SICU) is located in central emergency (IGCC)
- Obst. & Gynae ICU is located in the Department
- Paediatrics ICU, PICU and NICU is located in the Department.
INDOOR SERVICES:- Patients admitted in General ward of PMCH
- For allotment in private ward (cottage ward), patients should contact the Deputy Superintendent. The cost of rooms is Rs.500/- per day.
- The rooms are double bedded with washroom and kitchen. One bed for patient and other is for attendant.
- All inpatients receive treatment by a team of Doctors and Nurses, available round the clock under the supervision and guidance of Faculty members of concern departments.
- Waste disposal is done as per the established rules (Biomedical Waste Management Rules 1998) and utmost care is taken to keep the premises clean.
- Every inpatient is provided with two attendant passes.
- Special investigations like CT & MRI etc are provided by outsource agency under PPP mode.
- Bed linen is changed at the time of admission, thereafter on every day and also whenever required.
- Destitute unattended (lawaris) patients are provided with attendants from hospital, drugs and surgical items from hospital and all hospital charges are waived.
- PMCH has a licensed blood bank that function 24 hours a day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of blood and its component. Strict precaution are taken and testing is done to prevent any blood borne infections. If patient requires blood transfusion, then attendant is requested to arrange healthy blood donors for donating blood in order to reduce shortage of blood. Miscellaneous:
- Ambulance facility is available to transfer patients after stabilisation in Central Emergency to concerned ward free of cost.
COMPLAINTS AND GRIEVANCESPlease do not hesitate to register your complaints. It will only help us to serve you better.
You may lodge your complaints to the Duty Officer in Control Room. Every complain will be duly acknowledge and sincere attempt will be made to solve your problems.