You are welcome to Patna Medical College (PMCH), Patna. The premier medical college of the state of Bihar. Patna Medical College & Hospital, Patna is committed to provide tertiary health care services to each and every citizen of Bihar and out of Bihar (including the neighbouring country Nepal). The services available are broad speciality and super speciality healthcare free of cost.
This charter seeks to provide frame work which enables our users to know:
•The Services available in this hospital
Salient Features of Patna Medical College & Hospital.
• General Information
• Casualty and Emergency Services
• Outpatient Services
• Indoor Services
• Complaint and Grievances
• Responsibilities of users.
Patna Medical College & Hospital is located at Ashok Rajpath on the bank of River Ganges, half a kilometre east of Gandhi Maidan. Main entrance is on Ashok Rajpath (Gate No. 2)
Total Number of Beds, doctors, nurses etc :
- The hospital has a total of 1675 beds.
- There are sufficient number of doctors including faculty members and residents and nurses as per MCI norms.
- Display boards are installed at various locations.
- Enquiring counter and help desk is available at the point of PMCH entrance road and PMCH road (Gate No.2).
- Website : patnamedicalcollege.com
- It is location on the southern part of ground floor of the IGCC building and the services of the control room available round the clock.
- The contact nos are 0612-230080, 06122302266.
- Control room is under the administrative control of Chief Casualty Officer. It is also managed by the Medical Officers, Health Managers and nursing staff.
- The parking facility is available at PMCH behind Rajendra Surgical Block building by the side of river Ganges.
PMCH Outreach OPD Gardanibagh and Fatuha:
- PMCH rural outreach centre is PHC, Fatuha and urban outreach centre is at Gardanibagh, Patna under the administrative control of Principal, Patna Medical College, Patna.
- OPD appointment are done at the computerised registration centres located by the side of respective OPDs.
CASUATLY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES:
1. Indira Gandhi Central Casualty (IGCC) is locatedat the western end of college campus by the side of main road, just in front of Rajendra Surgical Block (RSB) building.
2. Apart from IGCC, some departments have casualty and emergency services in concerned departments.
3. IGCC deals with emergencies and casualties of the following specialty and super specialty departments.
d. Burn and Plastic Surgery
e. Spinal ward
g. Clinical Pathology and collection centre.
4. There is a control room on the ground floor of the building located at the southern end of the complex. The control room is operational round the clock for 365 days in a year, managed by Medical Officers, Health Managers and nursing staff.
5. Help Line of for the IGCC 06122300080, 06122302266.
- These services are available 24 hours throughout the year.
- Anyone with urgent medical problem can seek consultation/treatment in the emergency.
- If doctors decide that you need urgent medical intervention, you will be registered at the registration counter free of charge and proper medical are will be provided promptly.
- Emergency has dedicated team of Senior Residents & Junior Resident from the above mentioned specialties, nurses, paramedics and hospital attendants etc to provide urgent medical services.
- All urgent investigations like Hemogram, Blood Biochemistry, Urine toxicology, cardiac biomarkers, blood Gas Analysis are available.
- CT and MRI are available in IGCC under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode payable by patient at subsidised rate. But CTcan and MRI are free for medico legal cases and unclaimed (lawaris) patient.
- Cafeteria is located outside the building behind the main exit gate.
Paediatrics Emergency is located on the PMCH main road having facilities of NICU, PICU, Paediatric Surgery Department including rehabilitation centre.
Obstetric and Gynaecology Emergency:
Located in the Obstetric and Gynaecology building by the side of PMCH road having facilities of labour room, ICU for female patient.
Eye and ENT Emergency:
Eye and ENT emergency are dealt in their respective departmental buildings.
OUTPAITNET SERVICES:Out Patient Departments(OPD):
- General OPD timing : 09.00 am to 02.00pm (Monday to Saturday)
Located near gate no. 3 of PMCH on Ashok Rajpath,which deals with following departments:
- Plastic Surgery
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- T.B. & Chest
- Clinical Pathology with collection centre
- Nephrology OPD in IGCC, Department of Nephrology
- Timing : 09.00 am to 02.00 pm – A separate building located near PMCH gate no.2. It also caters to immunisation which is provided free of cost. OBG OPD
- Timing : 09.00 am to 02.00 pm – : Located in the main building of Obst. & Gynae Department. Preventive Clinic:
- Timing : 09.00 am to 02.00 pm – Located by the side of Radiology Department. It deals with immunisation. Evening OPD
- Timing : 02.30 PM to 04.30 PM Departments:
- Nephrology (Tuesday, Thursday)
- Neurology (Stroke Clinical) Wednesday
- Endocrinology (Thursday)
- Geriatrics (Monday to Friday)
Department of Pathology:
- Located across the Hahwa Ward of Medicine Department deals with:
c. Haematology (Bone marrow examination & splenic puncture)
Timing : 09.00 am to 02.00 pm
Located on the First floor of RSB Building with a collection centre (collection centre-1).
Investigations done are complete Haemogram, peripheral smear, fluid analysis, electrolytes, biochemical parameters.
Department of Microbiology:
Timing : 09.00 am to 02.00 pm
Located beside the Anatomy Building, inside the lecture theatre complex.
It deals with bacteriological and virological investigation like blood culture, urine culture, stool culture, fluid smear examination, viral markers for Dengue, widal test, chicken guinea, JE, HIV, HCV etc.)
Due to excess work load, waiting period exists for certain investigation like MRI, CT, USG, etc. Patients are given future dates by the concerned departments. However these may be done out of turn in urgent situations on recommendation of the treating doctors.
Many facilities are provided at OPD level eg. ECG, Plaster, Injection and Immunization Room,. Contraception and MTP services, Minor Surgical intervention, Physiotherapy etc.
The decision to admit a patient rest with the treating doctor. The patient will be admitted only if a vacant bed is available. But in case of emergency, out of the admission may be done.
Intensive Care Units(ICU)
- Medical ICU (MICU) is located in central emergency (IGCC)
- Surgical ICU (SICU) is located in central emergency (IGCC)
- Obst. & Gynae ICU is located in the Department
- Paediatrics ICU, PICU and NICU is located in the Department.
INDOOR SERVICES:- Patients admitted in General ward of PMCH
- For allotment in private ward (cottage ward), patients should contact the Deputy Superintendent. The cost of rooms is Rs.500/- per day.
- The rooms are double bedded with washroom and kitchen. One bed for patient and other is for attendant.
- All inpatients receive treatment by a team of Resident Doctors and Nurses, available round the clock under the supervision and guidance of Faculty members of concern departments.
- Waste disposal is done as per the established rules (Biomedical Waste Management Rules 1998) and utmost care is taken to keep the premises clean.
- Every inpatient is provided with two attendant passes.
- Special investigations like CT & MRI etc are provided by outsource agency under PPP mode.
- Bed linen is changed at the time of admission, thereafter on every day and also whenever required.
- Food is served three times a day. Milk is provided once a day.
- Facilities provided in private ward. Each room has attached toilets and bathroom, chairs and table, air condition, kitchen.
- Destitute unattended (lawaris) patients are provided with attendants from hospital, drugs and surgical items from hospital and all hospital charges are waived.
- The institute has modern operation theatres, where many kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed.
- For routine surgeries, the respective departments maintain waiting list. Patients are called and operated upon as per the waiting list. But, in case of emergencies / urgencies, the out of turn surgeries are also performed at the discretion at the treating doctors.
- The patient should get his pre-anaesthetic check-up done in Anaesthesia Department before getting admitted for operation and follow the instruction given y the treating doctors.
- PMCH has a licensed blood bank that function 24 hours a day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of blood and its component. Strict precaution are taken and testing is done to prevent any blood borne infections. If patient requires blood transfusion, then attendant is requested to arrange healthy blood donors for donating blood in order to reduce shortage of blood. Miscellaneous:
- Ambulance facility is available to transfer patients after stabilisation in Central Emergency to concerned ward free of cost.
COMPLAINTS AND GRIEVANCESPlease do not hesitate to register your complaints. It will only help us to serve you better.
You may lodge your complaints to the Duty Officer in Control Room. Every complain will be duly acknowledge and sincere attempt will be made to solve your problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS- The success of this charter depends on the support we receive from our users.
- Please try to appreciate the various constraints under which the hospital is functioning. On an average, 4000 patients attend the OPD daily & more than 300 patients visit Casualty daily.
- Please follow the rules and regulations of the hospital while inside the hospital campus.
- Please do not cause inconvenience to other patients by crowding or making noise unnecessarily.
- Please help us in keeping the hospital and its surroundings neat and clean.
- Please don't argue with security guards, show your passes when asked for & help maintain the order and peace inside the Central Emergency (IGCC).
- Please use the facilities of this hospital with care and do not damage/ spoil hospital property.
- Beware of Touts & unauthorized persons. Don't indulge in any money transactions with them.
- The Hospital is a No Smoking Zone. Please don't indulge in any money transactions with them.
- Please refrain from demanding under favours from the staff and officials.
- Please provide useful feedback and constructive suggestions. These may be addressed to the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital.